For my next essay I chose to write on AAVE (for English in its Social Setting) and through the research I’ve done today I’ve come to the conclusion that when POC fall into the trap of perpetuating stereotypes so they may somehow join the hierarchy (whatever it may be) or so they may be separated…
When you put someone who is scared of black kids, who is distrustful of black kids and doesn’t want to understand black kids in a room with black kids, they’re not going to try teaching them, they’re going to try controlling them.
Malcolm [X] was one of the most beautiful and one of the most gentle men I met in all my life. He asked the boy a question which I now present to you: If you are a citizen, why do you have to fight for your civil rights? If you’re fighting for your civil rights, that means you’re not a citizen. In fact, the legality of this country has never had anything to do with its former slaves. We are still governed by the slave codes.
When you see it, Reblog It!
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
- Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
- Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
- Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
- Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
- Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
- If you ever want to talk: My Tumblr ask is always open.